Save big on local businesses and services
- Most major U.S. and European cities covered
- Easy-to-use interface
- Share deals with friends via Twitter, Facebook and email
- Print or scan the barcode to redeem
- Expiration date on the deals is not prominently displayed
Groupon is a web and mobile app for Android smartphones that allows you to purchase services and merchandise at a discounted rate on a daily basis.
This mobile app compliments Groupon’s web-based daily deals site. It allows you to check out daily deals wherever you have an internet connection. Each day, Groupon offers a new deal at a discounted rate, generally ranging from 40-60% off the going market price. The deals are tailored specifically to your city of residence and are described in a quirky and often humorous way that is fast becoming Groupon’s calling card.
Each deal requires a specific number of Groupon users to purchase it before it becomes valid. If the requisite number of people do not purchase it, users who initially chose to buy it will not have their credit cards charged. If enough people make the purchase, however, Groupon will let you know that “the deal is on!”
You can share deals with friends via email, Twitter, or Facebook quite easily from the app. In addition, you’re given a special discount if you refer friends to purchase specific deals. Once bought, you can either print out your coupon or simply bring your mobile device with you to the business and have them scan it directly from the device’s screen.
Groupon is a convenient and innovative way to find out about the best deals in your city.
- Nearby: Get access to the best deals around you! We have added many more awesome deals in the Nearby tab. Goods: Improved Goods experience including larger images, new interaction flow for selecting Goods options, and access to shipping info. Getaways: Book in advance for Getaway deals. Groupon 2.1 now supports calendar view for Getaways bookings Jellybean: Full Groupon deals on Jellybean notifications